[lit-ideas] Re: Assumption-challenging, Mind-changing, Inspiring

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:59:41 -0800

On Nov 12, 2009, at 1:26 PM, Eric Yost wrote:

Thanks for posting this, John. I put it on my facebook page to share more widely.

Getting into the conga line with Carmen Miranda,
Eric

Here is an instance of something that annoys me, about which I would like to do something...short of calling India, again. I am so sick of calling India and yelling "AGENT," "OPERATOR," "GETMEA HUMAN," "I ALREADY GAVE YOU MY PHONE PASSWORD...TROLLOPE'S WOTSIT. TROLLOPE'S WOTSIT. TWO. EGGSHELLS. 07916..." If I want to order pizza, I have to tell India. Or so it seems.

Any time I watch Youtube I get about six minutes and then the picture freezes and I watch the roundy-roundy. Yes, I've tried re-booting. Yes, I've tried kicking the computer. Yes I've tried calling earthlink...in India...and Apple. Yes I've downloaded newer, more up- to-date versions of realtimeplayer. Yes I've tried switching to Firefox. Corruption all around, bits refusing to squeeze along telephone lines, a British Rail takeover...what gives? I'd like to finish watching what seems to be an interesting lecture.

David Ritchie,
Hoarse, near Bangalore