[lit-ideas] Re: Arrivederci, Mr. Bush...

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:32:38 -0800

> > Andreas writes: It's nice to talk about whether Muslims might or might not,
> > but that
> > question has already been decided on whether the USA would use nuclear
> > weapons on cities
> > of civilians.

> Usually I agree Andreas, but this comparison is ridiculous...

I wasn't making a comparison. I was only pointing out that people may think
Arabs may use
nuclear weapons, but the USA has indeed used nuclear weapons. The attacks on
Hiroshima and
Nagasaki were intentional attacks on civilian populations. These were war
crimes, just as
the attack on Nanking was a war crime.

> It is precisely our knowledge of it, of living with nukes through the
> Cold War, that makes us (France, the UK, even the sloppy Russians) less
> volatile users of nuclear weapons.

The USA and the USSR came extremely close to using nuclear weapons over the
Cuba Missile
Crisis. There were several more incidents of false alarms where the missiles
were nearly
launched. We're extremely lucky there wasn't a nuclear war, and that's an
emphasis on lucky.
It wasn't because of our wise leaders or their knowledge. If they had chose to
not build
that system, we wouldn't have been in that danger. Their pig-headed macho
patriotism got us
in trouble.

> This in comparison to Pakistan...

And guess who gave nuclear weapon technology to Pakistan? And Israel? The USA
handed
extremely dangerous weapons to unreliable, violent governments controlled by
religious
fanatics.

> And it is still more ridiculous again to compare US government use of
> nuclear weapons with use by terrorist groups. If you want to compare the
> likelihood of al-Qaeda's use of nuclear weapons to anything, compare it
> to the likelihood of the Rotary Club's detonating a rogue nuke in Riyadh.

Of course it's impossible to compare the Arab terrorists with the USA. Anyone
can see
they're TOTALLY different.

Al Qaeda killed 3,000 people in NYC in an attack on the USA, motivated by their
anger over
US policies in the Middle East.

The USA killed 100,000 people in an attack on Iraq, motivated by lies and
deceptions. Two
million Afghani died in a civil war that was provoked, funded, and directed by
the USA just
to annoy the USSR.

See? No comparison at all. The Arabs are terrorists. The USA is the Good Guys.
Anyone can
see that.

yrs,
andreas