[lit-ideas] Aristotle

  • From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 18:52:47 -0400

AP: it was in aristotle the so called philosophy of science is way
behind the curve

Amused and delighted that since the early Enlightenment, Aristotle's
work (and not merely his ethical writings) seems subject to constant
detraction and renewal. Going through a notebook, I found a line lifted
from his biological writings:

     "All animals with soft eyes sleep."

As opposed to insects, one assumes. One writer quipped that observant
space-aliens thought humanity was developing too slowly, then noticed
Aristotle, and said, "They'll be fine."

Yeah, I likes me some Aristotle once in a while. Some Aristotle'd be
mighty fine 'bout now.

Grooving on the risorgimentos,
Eric