[lit-ideas] Re: Arafat

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:20:57 EDT

In addition I note the contingency document Israel has drawn up in the  event
of Arafat's death.  I had not thought about burial being an  issue.  The
worst case scenario in the document is thousands of  Palestinians forcing their
way into Jerusalem w/ Arafat's body demanding he be  buried at the Holy
Mount/Al
Aqsa.  Arafat is likely dying, U.S. elections  are in a week, and 350 tons of
explosives (how do you move 350 tons of anything  w/out anyone noticing??)
are missing in Iraq.  The Biblical version of  Armageddon may not do it
justice.
 It just ain't lookin' good.

Julie Krueger
Debating between "Butterfly Effect" and "The Duplex".
========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Arafat  Date:
10/27/04 9:15:59 PM Central Daylight Time  From: _JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<<Mahmoud Abbas>>
The one who  virtually got his PhD in  Holocaust Denial?  I wonder if the
three  will be able to share power  amicably....
Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj:  [lit-ideas] Re: Arafat  Date:
10/27/04 9:06:36 PM Central Daylight  Time  From:
_judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:  _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent  on:
Thursday, October 28, 2004, 2:33:45 AM,   JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

Jac> Yeah -- Arafat aides are  denying  U.S. reports that he's in "critical"
Jac>  condition.

a Palestinian  talking head told the BBC he is -- and the  BBC now say
his aides say so. It's  just a matter of time,  Julie.

Jac> Any idea what kind of all hell  is gonna break  loose when he  goes?
Talk
Jac> about a   power-war.....

this -- from bbconline -- was what Newsnight (with  the  Palestinian)
was saying:

--
Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK
mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To   change your Lit-Ideas settings (subscribe/unsub, vacation  on/off,
digest  on/off), visit  www.andreas.com/faq-lit-ideas.html