[lit-ideas] Re: Another Republican sex predator

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 10:13:53 -0700

I find this so understated as to be amazing --

(TIME Magazine writes) "Opinion may be divided over whether the e-mails Florida Representative Mark
Foley sent a teen-age male congressional page last year were inappropriate
or even constituted outright sexual harassment"

Here is Maf54 (Republican Mark Foley, the GOP sex predator):

Maf54: You in your boxers, too?
Teen: Nope, just got home. I had a college interview that went late.
Maf54: Well, strip down and get relaxed.

Another message:
Maf54: What ya wearing?
Teen: tshirt and shorts
Maf54: Love to slip them off of you.

And this one:
Maf54: Do I make you a little horny?
Teen: A little.
Maf54: Cool.

There are 35 pages of this. He chased 15- and 16-year old boys who were working in Congress as pages.

Foley wrote the "internet sex predator" laws that include a mandatory 10-year prison sentence for merely making suggestive comments to anyone under the age of 18. Foley was Chairman of the House Caucus on Missing and Exploited Children. TIME may think opinion may be divided, but Foley's anti-predator laws are clear on this issue.

So will he be punished by his own law?

The issue now is the GOP coverup. They knew since last year. The Republican Congress covered up Foley. Now they're trying to avoid being dragged down by this.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com