[lit-ideas] Angry Crow & Rabbit chase

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rhodesianridgebacks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 15:41:26 -0800

http://lawrencehelm.smugmug.com/RiverPhotography

We encountered another angry crow.  Several days ago a larger one dived at
Sage.  This one buzzed all of us.  Sage didn't see the previous one, but
this one cawed as it made close passes and circles us.  It was vaguely
threatening.  I noticed all three dogs watching it with interest.

The last 20 photos in the November 2011 gallery were from today.  I can't
say the photos of the crow are remarkable, but when I verbally described the
previous crow-encounter I hadn't taken any photos and at least one person
wondered why not.

Prior to the angry crow, a hawk flew down from a tree with Duffy passing
below.  I thought at first it was diving toward him but in retrospect I
think it wasn't.  But at the time I was prepared to throw my hiking stick at
it if it did and that is my excuse for not trying to photograph that close
encounter.

The second to last photo is of a rabbit chase.  It isn't a very good photo
but these rabbits explode out of the brush and the chase is on in an
instant.  I have no time to adjust the settings on the camera so I just
shoot with whatever settings there are and hope for the best.

Lawrence