[lit-ideas] Re: APRIL POEMS (2nd for 3rd)

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 20:26:08 -0400

Ray Bradbury?   No poetic bone?   In his body?
Everything he writes is poetic.  I used to get intoxicated on his prose.

But I must admit that his last novels were disappointing.
All flash and fancy with no substance underneath.
One arrived at the end out of breath because there was
no place to land, no park bench on which to catch one's breath.
All the leaves were last year's leaves and all the dust
clouds swirled apace and all the doors led nowhere.
It was exhausting.  But the aerial acrobatics took one's breath away..

I was also disappointed that he frowned so publicly on Michael Moore's
homage.

Ursula
in North Bay