[Linuxtrent] Re: scheda grafica NVidia su Ubuntu 13.04 e problemi di refresh

  • From: Stefano Mosna <mosnaware@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linuxtrent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:26:34 +0200

Il giorno 09 luglio 2013 11:53, Marco Agostini <comunelevico@xxxxxxxxx> ha
scritto:

> Il 09 luglio 2013 11:43, girarsi_liste <liste.girarsi@xxxxxxxxx> ha
> scritto:
> > Il 09/07/2013 09:10, Marco Agostini ha scritto:
> >
> >> Con i driver 304.88, invece, riesco a portare la risoluzione fino a
> >> 1680x1050.
> >>
> >> Suggerimenti ?
> >> grazie mille.
> >>

> > Č una scheda nuova, o aveva dei driver precedenti ai 304.88, e magari
> > funzionavano?
> >
> In realtà sono partito da una Ubuntu 10.10 (su cui la scheda grafica
> funzionava correttamente).... ho ranzato il PC su cui poi ho
> installato Ubuntu 13.04 senza toccare l'hardware.
>
> Ho in casa una scheda identica, oggi pomeriggio provo a sostituirla
> per capire se si tratta di un problema HW o SW.
> --
>

> Io ho avuto molti problemi con NVIDIA + 13.04, anche se diversi dai tuoi
Alla fine ho risolto così:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/285779/after-upgrading-to-13-04-unity-interface-is-not-showing

 5down vote

This worked for me:

   1.

   Press Ctrl+Alt+T to open a terminal window.
   2.

   At the terminal prompt, type ccsm. If the CompizConfig Settings Manager
   window appears, skip to step nn. If not, continue with step 3.
   3.

   Type sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager. Type your
   password when prompted.
   4.

   At the next terminal prompt, type ccsm.
   5.

   In CompizConfig Settings Manager, select the check box for the
OpenGLplugin if it isn't already selected.
   6.

   Click the Ubuntu Unity Plugin item.
   7.

   Select the Enable Ubuntu Unity Plugin check box, if it isn't already
   selected.
   8.

   Exit from the CompizConfig Settings Manager.
   9.

   Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. When asked, confirm that you want to log out.
   10.

   I did a cold reboot at this point. I'm not sure it's necessary, but I'm
   a bit paranoid.

After this, Unity came up as it's supposed to for me.

I have a 64-bit AMD Phenom CPU and an nVidia GPU; I'm running 64-bit Ubuntu
with the nvidia-current driver set, and I've just upgraded to 13.04 (at
which point Unity disappeared).

Hope this helps!