[Linuxtrent] Re: Migliaia di chiavi ssl potrebbero essere insicure

  • From: Roberto Resoli <roberto.resoli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linuxtrent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 08:57:13 +0100

Il 17 febbraio 2012 08:46, Roberto Resoli <roberto.resoli@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
> Il 16 febbraio 2012 19:10, Marco Ciampa <ciampix@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
>> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 06:58:49PM +0100, Roberto Resoli wrote:
>>> lo afferma un gruppo di ricerca guidato dal noto matematico olandese
>>> Arjen K. Lenstra
>>>
>>> http://eprint.iacr.org/2012/064
>>>
>>> Alcune reazioni:
>>> http://blogs.computerworld.com/19734/rsa_crypto_is_flawed_risky
>>>

>> Come dice questo articolo...
>>
>> http://dankaminsky.com/2012/02/14/ronwhit/
>>
>> What? (Trad: Cosa? Eh? Digerito male?)
>
> citando tutto:
> "The conclusion they reached was that RSA, because it has two secrets
> (the two primes, p and q), is “significantly riskier” than systems
> using “single-secrets” like (EC)DSA or ElGamel.
>
> What?"
>
> è questa parte (da cui deriva anche il titolo del paper) a suscitare
> la perplessità di Kaminski,
> non la serietà dello studio.

Peraltro ci sono solidi dati qui a giustificare la perplessità:
"For ElGamal and DSA sharing is
rare, but for RSA the frequency of sharing may be a cause for concern.
What surprised us
most is that many thousands of 1024-bit RSA moduli, including
thousands that are contained
in still-valid X.509 certicates, offer no security at all. This may
indicate that proper seeding
of random number generators is still a problematic issue"

e subito dopo:

"The lack of sophistication of our methods and ndings make it hard
for us to believe that
what we have presented is new, in particular to agencies and parties
that are known for their
curiosity in such matters. It may shed new light on NIST's 1991
decision to adopt DSA as
digital signature standard as opposed to RSA, back then a \public
controversy" (cf. [7]); but
note the well-known nonce-randomness concerns for ElGamal and (EC)DSA
(cf. Section 4.4)
and what happens if the nonce is not properly used (cf. [6])."

rob