[Linuxtrent] Larry Wall - il papà di PERL - a Trento (17/02/11 11:00)

  • From: Maurizio Napolitano <napoogle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linuxtrent <linuxtrent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 14:18:51 +0100

Ecco qui i dettagli del seminario di Larry Wall

Giovedì 17 Febbraio 2011 ore 11:00
Polo Scientifico e Tecnologico “Fabio Ferrari”
Aula A 101 (Aula Magna)
via Sommarive, Povo (Trento)

That Goes Without Saying (or Does It?)

Abstract
Linguist Roman Jakobson famously said, "Languages differ essentially
in what they must
convey and not in what they may convey."  Contrary to the Whorf-Sapir
hypothesis, your
language of choice does not generally prevent you from thinking
certain thoughts, but your
language can certainly make it easier or harder to express those thoughts.
Lately I've enjoyed playing with various Perl examples on
rosettacode.org, and have
noticed this principle in action.  In this talk we'll look at some of
the ways a language can
make your life more miserable than it needs to be.

Per questioni logistiche bisogna contattare l'organizzazione e
confermare la partecipazione

http://www.cosbi.eu/index.php/newsevents/seminars/upcoming-seminars/77-seminars?sem=275

PS: come avete notato, ad organizzare è il centro di ricerca in
bioinformatica della microsoft

--
Maurizio "Napo" Napolitano
http://de.straba.us