[linuxplay_oblong] Software Freedom Day

  • From: strypes <strypey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linuxplay_oblong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 18:17:17 +1200

Kia ora koutou

Saturday 20 Sept is Software Freedom Day, an annual world-wide
celebration of Free Software. This year there is a good organizing crew
here in Poneke, who have organized a set of activities for the Saturday
at the Town Hall, beginning at midday:
http://softwarefreedomday.org.nz

BTW No news about the prospects of regular geeking sessions at Oblong. I
wouldn't hold your breath. The WellyLUG (Linux Users Group) are still
having their monthly meetings, the next one is scheduled for Monday, 13
October:
http://www.wellylug.org.nz

Unfortunately this clashes with my weekly Tai Chi class, so I can't go
:{ See you all at Software Freedom Day though!

RnB
Strypes

--
“To use proprietary software is to invite the developer to put his boot
on your neck. It’s power that nobody should have.”

http://www.creativecommons.org.nz
http://www.indymedia.org.nz

archive: //www.freelists.org/archives/linuxplay_oblong/