[linux-cirrus] Re: user space SEGFAULTS

  • From: "Liberty Young" <liberty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:33:58 -0700

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 02:37, llandre wrote:
> >I'm having difficulty in porting my board to the 2.6 kernel. Without any
> >changes to anything important (other than adding board definitions and
> >relevant changes to Makescripts), the board boots up fine in kernelmode,
> >but when it starts executing things such as bash scripts, it segfaults.
> >Any clues to help me pin-point the problem?
>
> I experienced similar problems (please
> see //www.freelists.org/archives/linux-cirrus/01-2005/msg00038.html).
> I suspect they are somehow related.
> Which exact kernel version are you talking about?
>

> llandre
>
> DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
> web:   http://www.dave-tech.it
> email: r&d2@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I've done a by-hand install of debian testing, and with the updated
glibc libraries and bash version, I'm now seeing the _exact_ same
problem you are when I attempt to run a bash script. I'm going to blink
and say that perhaps you're correct, the problems I was seeing on debian
stable are indeed related to the above mentioned message.

my kernel: Linux (none) 2.6.10-ep93xx

Did you ever figure it out, or what happened with that?