[linux-cirrus] Re: uclibc and ts72xx, kernel2.6

  • From: JimmyJ <west.boy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:36:41 +0000 (UTC)

>Andrew Gaylard <ag <at> computer.org> writes:
>
> Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
>
> >Right, I have a TS-7250.
> >
> >I can't remember the exact emails you sent, so I'll just tell you
> >what I just did to get a booting kernel on my TS-7250.
> >- Untar 2.6.17-git22.
> >- Apply the head.S hunk of http://svn.wantstofly.org/ep93xx/local.diff
> >  -- this is important because I don't think the TS bootloader passes
> >  the right machine ID.
> >- Use the ep93xx_defconfig.  This is important because it enables the
> >  PL010 serial port driver, which you need for kernel messages and stuff.
> >
> >If that does't work yet, try also applying the printk.c hunk of
> >local.diff (and uncommenting it) -- this will enable early console
> >debugging and will tell you what went wrong.
> >
> >The resulting kernel won't have USB and ethernet and stuff like that,
> >but at least it should boot until a kernel panic and tell us what's
> >going on.

Hi,
 just got the ts7260 board. looks and works nice.

Where can I find a functional 2.6 kernel (compiled) + ROOTFS for ts72xx board?
Do you mind sharing this ? (the rootfs with busybox and binutils compiled)

Also, did anyone played with uclibc on this board and is willing to share
precompiled kernel and rootfs/binutils ?

thanks