[linux-cirrus] Re: uboot support for 93xx..

  • From: Michael Burian <dynmail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 08:52:57 +0200

john cooper wrote:
> Apologies in advance if this is a FAQ but
> I've both been away from this forum for
> the better part of a year and couldn't
> find mention of such on:
>
> http://members.inode.at/m.burian/ep93xx

I'm using redboot - I didn't have time to try
other options, sorry.

> Is there any effort underway to get a
> stable u-boot port for the 93xx family?

Don't know about the status, maybe the people involved
can answer your question:

//www.freelists.org/archives/linux-cirrus/11-2005/msg00066.html
//www.freelists.org/archives/linux-cirrus/12-2005/msg00004.html

> I received a snapshot of a promising work
> in progress back when from Henk Stegeman
> but lost track of where this may have
> progressed.
>
> Also it appears the above site is rather
> dated.

Feel free to send me content or fixes for things that bother you,
but maintaining the homepage isn't a #1 priority for me. Priority
#1 is is getting things in mainline, and apart from being 4 weeks behind
mainline right now, I'm also full with work in my day job atm.

> Is there a more up-to-date forum
none that I know of

> or has the level of activity tapered off
> here?

The level of activity can be judged best by watching the git tree.
http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/mburian/linux-2.6-ep93xx.git;a=summary

Here's a quick overview of what you'll see:

I didn't have time to merge with 2.6.16 right now, and as Lennert
already got base support for his ep93xx boards in mainline, I don't
expect this task to be trivial. Hope we can make some progress before
2.6.17 comes out, though.

Afterwards, we can continue with getting (device) drivers in shape for
mainline, one by one.