[linux-cirrus] sound codec question

  • From: Manfred Gruber <gruber.m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:43:40 +0200

Hi !

I am playing with the AC97 sound driver from Eric Benard to get it working on
my custom board.

Ago I found out that my Codec is different to the one on cirrus eval board.
The big difference is that codec (CS4202) on Cirrus eval board has the
possibility to set the sample rate over 0x2C Codec register, whereas my codec
(CS4297) has this possibility not. My codec runs fix on 48kHz.

Now my question, does anyone have a starting document for me or information
about how to handle this, or how this should work?

IMHO when I play a .wav file with wavplay the sampling rate gets set in the
codec. What is when this is not possible, is there a other sollution to
handle this. or how is this handled ... ?

Thanks a lot for any point, which brings me a little bit to a working sound
driver.

regards manfred