[linux-cirrus] derevo20 released (against 2.6.18-rc1-git9)

  • From: Lennert Buytenhek <buytenh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 16:41:19 +0200

Hi,

I just pushed derevo20 out, both as a quilt series, and a patch against
2.6.18-rc1-git9.  Find it in the usual place:

        http://www.wantstofly.org/~buytenh/ep93xx/

The derevo20 patch is about half the size of derevo19, this is due to
several pieces having been merged upstream and dropped from my tree:
- crunch
- crunch-ptrace
- edb9315
- pl010-serial-num
- physmap
- ts7250-nand
- usb

Also, the cirrus ethernet driver has been replaced by a version
rewritten from scratch, previously announced on this list.  It still
needs more work before it can go upstream, but the basic idea is sane.

The most exciting new patch, though, is probably phys_offset.diff,
which allows the kernel to determine PHYS_OFFSET and ZRELADDR at run
time.  This should in theory allow building a single kernel image that
can boot on any ep93xx board, no matter which chip selects are in use
or whether we're using sync or async boot mode, which means we don't
need a bunch of config options for physical memory start and sync/async
boot mode that people are only going to get wrong anyway.  Initial tests
seem to indicate that it works, but it'll need more work before it can go
upstream (if ever.)

cheers,
Lennert