[linux-cirrus] Re: EP9315 GPIO interrupt mux-demux

  • From: Michael Burian <dynmail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 09:51:36 +0200

Manfred Gruber wrote:

> i don't know how how far things are discussed with Russel
> King (generic irq code as standard in arm-linux).I don't know!!!!

I could not find anything on the list archives, seems like it wasn't
discussed with RMK at all.

Could you please start a discussion with RMK on linux-arm-kernel?

> before we
> include it we have to satisfy that it will become standard in arm-linux.

While still interested in the long term solution, i'd need an rather
quick solution too, in order to get the 16c552 and CAN drivers to work.

I've got a very similar problem with the RTC driver (ds1337.c)
see:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg26620.html
http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg26623.html
http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg26653.html

The temporary solution in this case is to stay with the homegrown
solution in our tree, and change as something better (read: officially
accepted) is available.

Back to the IRQ demux issue, i'd suggest to handle this in a similar
way, - add the patch to our tree now "as is" and adapt it later, if
necessary.

What do you think?