[linux-cirrus] Re: Anybody got PCMCIA running on EP9315?

  • From: Robert Whaley <rwhaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:28:16 -0400

Michael Burian wrote:

Robert Whaley wrote:

I'm about to start on this unless someone else is already on it. Please let me know...

That would be great - I'm interested in this driver too, but I'm to busy with other things (CAN controller, that is) to start with it right now.

I just mounted a CF card on my board.

I've got a some clean up to do before I submit a patch.

Also, there is still a lot of work to do to have CF cards and IDE drives work in the same kernel... (That's not a high priority for me).

I'm writing because I have a question:

In regmap.h, to allow inb and outb to work, I had to hack IO_ADDRESS like this:

#define IO_ADDRESS(pa)  \
((((pa) & 0xf0000000) == 0x80000000) ? \
 (((unsigned int)pa) - IO_BASE_PHYS + IO_BASE_VIRT) : \
 ((unsigned int)pa))

The question is, why not use a 1-1 mapping like the PXA does? It would avoid this hack and make life simpler in general. Is there a reason why 1-1 is not good on the EP93xx?

Perhaps I should try the 1-1 before submitting the patch. I wonder how much stuff would break...

Robert

--
Robert Whaley
Applied Data Systems            www.applieddata.net