[linux-cirrus] Re: 2.6.2X AC97/I2S Audio support status

  • From: Adam Yergovich <ayergo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:24:18 -0700

Hi Chase,

This probably means you are actually using I2S and the I2S decoder chip found on the edb9302 board instead of AC97 and some AC97 decoder chip. I don't believe Cirrus provides any code for decoder chips other than what's on the evaluation board. If that's the case, then use Lehnnert's patches and my patches which add I2S support on top of what Lehnnert added. This should get you up and running if you are in fact using the same chips and connections as what is on the edb9302A evaluation board.

Thank you so much for clarifying the situation. I will look into these patches to get things running.

Ideally i would like to get these patches (or other appropriate patches) mainlined. Does anyone know what the current barriers to this are? I'm happy to put in some work in making this so.

-Adam

--
Adam Yergovich
Engineer