[linux-avc2210k] Re: Support for AVC-3610 (USB dual TV Tuner)

  • From: Joel Smith <js-avc2210k@xxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-avc2210k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:44:15 -0600

Hi John,
Thanks for your reply.

I can't connect to that FTP server... the request always times out. I've tried from home and from work. Is there somewhere else I can get the code?

I haven't taken the unit apart yet to see what's in it, but I did find a mailing list post on the ivtv list that said the unit had 2x the following chips:

CX23416-12
CX25840-23
CY7C68013
53L32AKZ (Audio ADC?)
24WC02J (1K/2K/4K/8K/16K-Bit Serial E2PROM)
FM1236/F tuners

No mention of the LSI Logic DVXcel that you talk about on the mailing list (dunno if that means it's not there...)

I'll have to take it apart and see what's inside. Does this list look familiar, or am I dealing with an entirely different beast?
Thanks,
Joel
        First thing is to try it! However, it probably uses a different USB
VID/PID
combo both pre-reenumeration and post-reenumeration. It is easy to modify the
multiload.conf file and the driver source to add a new ID. Can you let me know
what chipset it is based on? If the same as 2210/2310 it has a good chance of
working. The driver may well support one tuner, but will need modification for
the second tuner, if the hardware is similar.

Driver can be had from ftp://81.86.3.90/multiload and ftp://81.86.3.90/avc2210k
(you need both multiload and the driver itself - see list archive for docs as I
haven't had time to write any yet. A new driver is available now with a shared
library interface - I am not familiar with MythTV but I would imagine it would
not be difficult to get MythTV to talk to the library API.