[Linux-Anyway] Re: Update: Bash help?

  • From: Meph Istopheles <Meph@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 12:24:32 -0800 (PST)

>>    With this I would add {%H%M}, but that produces:

>> ~/10.58 $

>>    Now that I have that much, is there a way to also add (in
>> lower-case) "am" & "pm" depending upon the meridian?

> Try:

> PS1="\w \@ \$"

> \@ gives you the time in 12 hour format including the am/pm. \T
> will give you the seconds as well as hours and minutes.

> Extract from man bash:

   Yeah.  That's where I'd figured out how to get "10.58" above.

   The thing about \@ that just bothers me is "AM" & "PM".  I've
never cared for the upper-case-ing.  It just bothers me.  I also
never cared for ":" as the separator, preferring ".", but these
are just personal.

   Guess I'll stick with "\D {%H.%M}", as it's at least with a
".".

   Don't suppose bash is capable of outorefreshing?  I can't seem
to find anything about it.

--
   Computer programmers do it byte by byte