[Linux-Anyway] Re: Really Dumb Questions - procmailrc

  • From: storm <storm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 12:59:40 -0600

On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 03:47, Godwin Stewart wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:59:04 -0600, storm <storm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > # what's the "b" for?
> > Should be "B" but I still don't quite get it.
>
> B != b

Yeah,.. I noticed my typo after I posted it.

> According to man procmailrc:
>
>   b    Feed the body to the pipe, file or mail destination
>        (default).
>
> > This flag means "Egrep the body",
>
> See above.
>
> > but attachments aren't generally part of the body are they?
>
> Yes they are.

I guess I'm just used to seeing variables like that show up in the
headers, so I just figured that was where they belonged.

> > This would info would be in the header wouldn't it?
>
> No. Attachments are in the mail body. You might want to read up on RFC 1521.

Perhaps, If I can find a nice "Reader's digest" version. :) I tried
reading the specifications of something like that once before,... woke
up a couple of hours later.

Any hints on the maildir stuff and how it affects the /var/spool/mail
thing? Or if it does?