[Linux-Anyway] Re: Nigerian 419 scam

  • From: horrorvacui@xxxxxxx
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:13:30 +0100

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:47:25 +0100
Godwin Stewart <gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:39:48 +0100, horrorvacui@xxxxxxx wrote to
> Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>
> > Just read it, and you'll know...
>
> Yes, I did.

Oh, I see what you mean - I'm being a bit thick lately. I guess it was a
bit too subtle for me the first time around.

> I don't know which is harder to believe, that the President of the USA
> would send me mail privately or that the moron he is even knows how to
> send e-mail...

Well, a parody can't be all too realistic. However, the US department of
defence did send "private" mails in a "spam-the-Iraqi-military" action.
This clearly can't be but a good joke, because the set of capabilities
required to become a higher-up military decision-maker, especially in a
country like Iraq, is the very thing to make you certain that the
recipients aren't capable to read, let alone understand the mail.

Cheers

--
Horror Vacui

Registered Linux user #257714