[Linux-Anyway] Re: Back on X

  • From: Meph Istopheles <Meph@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:50:57 -0800 (PST)

   Well, no go.  Still getting this with either meph or root:

startx: line 111: xauth: command not found
startx: line 112: xauth: command not found
startx: line 111: xauth: command not found
startx: line 112: xauth: command not found
startx: line 150: xinit: command not found
startx: line 1: xauth: command not found

   WTF?  I'd copied the xorg.conf to a backup, moved the
XF86Config-4 over & tried it, then renamed it xorg.conf & tried
again.

   Apparently, the problem doesn't lie there, & I can't find
anything wrong with either xauth or xinit.

--
   It is better to kiss an avocado than to get in a fight with an
   aardvark