[Linux-Anyway] Anyone use framebuffer?

  • From: Meph Istopheles <Meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux Anyway <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:33:54 -0700 (PDT)

  I've set up framebuffer in my slack 9.1 install (never got it
working in RH), & I chose a font to my likeing.  Trouble is, I've
never liked white on black bootups.

  With RH -- without fb -- I'd fund a file which actually allowed
me to change the boot font color, but never the font itself...but
it was tolerable.

  Now, with fb & this font I've chosen, it's not only a little
small, but white.

  The docs don't seem to explain things clearly.  I don't see
anything in the rc file about changing either color or size, &
the fb settings in lilo appear only to effect res.  Do I have to
change the res to effect size?  And what about color?

  Any help?

--
  History is curious stuff
    You'd think by now we had enough