[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: liblouisxml-1.9.0: linking fixup

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:48:11 +0100

Hi Samuel

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 19:53 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Christian Egli, le Mon 09 Mar 2009 15:15:51 +0100, a écrit :
> > On Sun, 2009-03-08 at 01:46 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > > There is a mismatch between Makefile.am and Makefile.in: Makefile.am
> > > includes BASE_DEPENDENCIES_LDFLAGS in liblouisxml_la_LDFLAGS, but
> > > Makefile.in defines BASE_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS.
> >
> > I'm all in favour of fixing build problems. However I don't quite
> > understand what you are saying. AFAIK liblouisxml/Makefile.in is
> > generated.
>
> Yes it is, and thus Makefile.am has to follow what is in Makefile.in
>
> > So what is wrong with it?
>
> Makefile.am uses BASE_DEPENDENCIES_LDFLAGS, while Makefile.in defines
> BASE_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS.

Unfortunately I don't quite understand this part of the Makefile (which
seems to deal with building static libs) well enough to grok what you
are talking about. Would you mind sending a patch for this change?

BTW I'm very exited about your intent to package liblouis and
liblouisxml for Debian
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=513632 and
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=513633). If there is
anything I can do to move this forward, please let me know.

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired