[liblouis-liblouisxml] dll's and Virtual PC

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 12:27:56 -0600

Another person has set up to make dll's according to the instructions in
the README.windows files in liblouis and liblouisutdml It is best to do
so from the repositories. Once the initial setup is done, making a new
library consists simply of updating one's copoy of the reopsitory and
running a single command. The command line of Visualoo Studio works
fine. One caveat, the code in the repositories may be rather iffy except
just after a release.

I'm glad Vic can continnue to make 32-bit dll's. However, since I
already have Virtual PC installed, I might as well get it working.
Freedom Scientific sent me a link for downloading a 32-bit version of
Jaws 13. However, when we try to run it in Virtual PC it gives a message
something like "This application is not able to run in a terminal
service. It won't even run in demo mode. Any suggestions will be much
appreciated.