[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: braille-patterns.cti: U+2800

  • From: Bert Frees <bert.frees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 11:30:05 +0200

Hello Jamie,

That table originates from odt2braille. I don't exactly remember why I put "28a", but anyway, it is not necessary anymore. It can be changed to "0". Christian can you take care of that?

Bert

On 17/05/2011 18:42, James Teh wrote:
Hi all,

The Unicode character U+2800 (written as \x2800 in liblouis) represents a blank cell; i.e. no dots. However, in braille-patterns.cti, is defined as follows:

sign \x2800 28a # ⠀ BRAILLE PATTERN DOTS-0

Why is this defined as dots 2 and 8, plus virtual dot "a"? Should it not be defined as 0?

I was hoping to use this table to support Unicode braille in NVDA, but this issue makes that somewhat strange.

Thanks,
Jamie