[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: UEB: an "ideal" en-ueb-g1 table

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 11:22:12 +0100

"John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I think lencapsphrase is already an opcode.

Ah, you're right it is in the code but it is not documented and hence
doesn't exist. Would anyone like to enhance the documentation?

> There are also opcodes for things like itallastwordafter, but they are
> unimplemented, because the present algorithm for handling Braille
> indicators is too convoluted to modify or debug, at least for me.
> Anyone who wants to try is welcome.

I think we should give it a try.

> I developed this algorithm when I knew a lot less than now. It seems
> to me that the best approach is to develop a new one. The old one will
> remain in place for backward compatibility.

For our own sanity I think there should only be one algorithm in there.
Presumably the functionality should be backward compatible.

How would the new algorithm work?

Geschenktipp: Ein Buch der SBS.
Als Hoerbuch, in Grossdruck oder Blindenschrift. Informieren Sie sich unter
http://www.sbs.ch/schenken .