[liblouis-liblouisxml] Supporting both python2 and python3

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 14:15:02 +0100

Hello,
Well I think I probably could make the bindings support both python2 and python3, however I don't know whether people want this or want them separate. I imagine that separate the performance will be better as if it were a single module then I would need to do conditional checking of the python version. However a single set of bindings might be simpler for distribution.

Also on the same topic, the tests were raised as an issue. I think in this case testing the version of python would distract from the meaning of the tests and so it might be better to have separate versions for python2 and python3. Any comments on this from others?

While mentioning tests, is there any way to run the python tests on windows? I mean without needing to use GNU make and such like.

Michael Whapples