[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Status of UEB tables

  • From: Michael Gray <mgray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 20:38:51 +0000

I just pushed up a refactoring of the UEB tables to my mrg_ueb_update branch at
https://github.com/MikeGray-APH/liblouis . I ran into issues mostly with
characters having multiple different definitions scattered throughout the
tables.

On that note one thing I noticed is that the braille indicators were required
to have all their cells defined, when it seems to me that really the cells
could alternatively use a display opcode setting instead. Am I missing
something here?

MRG
mgray@xxxxxxx
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA
Email: info@xxxxxxxxx

U.S. Address
21908 Almaden Av.
Cupertino, CA 95014
UNITED STATES
Email: gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Jun 2, 2015, at 8:09 AM, Paul Wood <paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sounds good to me! Thanks Greg!
Paul

On 02/06/2015 16:02, Greg Kearney wrote:
I could set up a website to collect the errors as they are found. People
could enter the word or phase being translated. The results and what the
correct translation should be. Any notes and so on. It would all be
collected in a Google sheet for review.

#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA
Email:
info@xxxxxxxxx

U.S. Address
21908 Almaden Av.
Cupertino, CA 95014
UNITED STATES
Email:
gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Jun 2, 2015, at 3:02 AM, Paul Wood <paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I agree we should base on your tables Mike. But I too will want to update
as and when we come across translation errors. How is it best to do that?
Also in view of tidying up the tables, can someone please explain to me
what should be defined in chardefs and what should be defined in the g1
table?
Also I think it is suggested to use the unicode value as opposed to the
actual unicode character as the definition with the character in the
comment. Can the rationale be explained to me please as I was advised
previously to do the reverse? I personally don't mind I just don't want to
keep changing it!
I'm happy to take a share in the work, maybe as I'm not the best at table
definitions I could do the test harnesses?
Thanks
Paul

On 01/06/2015 18:24, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi Mike,
Before we do that, let's wait on Bert to see if we can merge master into
tables/ueb. Once we agree on which tables to use (I'd vote for yours, which
is based on work done by Ken, Mesar and I), then let's think about dividing
our work.
Cheers,
Joseph

liblouis-liblouisxml-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx