[liblouis-liblouisxml] Selecting correct logging levels for ex-lou_logPrint calls

  • From: "Michael Whapples" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mwhapples@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 11:35:37 +0100

Hello,
I think I have now swapped the core libraries of liblouis and liblouisutdml to use the logging callback system. However the one thing I am uncertain of is whether I have selected the correct logging level for these calls which previously were calls to lou_logPrint. May be people could check and suggest.

Below is a general list of what I understand the levels to mean.
* Fatal: A problem has occurred which will lead to immediate termination.
* Error: Something has gone wrong, output will be wrong and most likely translation will stop. * Warn: This is to alert the user to something but the translation can continue (possibly an example is about appending new semantic actions. * Info: These are purely informational messages about progress, when issued these do not mean anything is not correct. * Debug: These are finer detail than info, main purpose to help with finding bugs.

Let me know if you feel I have assigned some of the logging messages wrongly.

Michael Whapples