[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Roman Numerals

  • From: Paul Wood <paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 13:24:23 +0000

Yes, the capital I! At the moment I'm leaving it alone as two of our proof readers missed it being wrong, so if they missed it then I presume our general readers won't see it as a problem! It needs to have a lettersign in front of them and then the normal caps sign/s

The number that came up was VI so I just added:
contraction VI
which did the job.
Thanks
Paul

On 11/03/2014 19:26, John J. Boyer wrote:
How do you want the roman numbers to appear? None of them are contractable. We
may eventually need a function which can detect Roman numbers and deal with
them properly. It would have to handle
ambiguities like the capital I.

John

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 02:23:36PM +0000, Paul Wood wrote:
How is it best to handle Roman Numerals?
I can use the contraction opcode and then list all the possible
combinations, but is there a better method?
Thanks
Paul
--
Paulw.torchtrust signature

Paul Wood, Chief Technical Officer
*Torch Trust*
Torch House, Torch Way,
Market Harborough, Leics. LE16 9HL, UK
Direct Line: *+44(0)1858 438269*
Tel: *+44(0)1858 438260*, Fax: *+44(0)1858 438275*
Email: paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Website: www.torchtrust.org <http://www.torchtrust.org/>

Chief Executive: Dr Gordon Temple
Charity No. 1095904

If you are not the intended recipient please destroy this message
and kindly notify the sender by reply email. The computer from which
this mail originates is equipped with virus screening software.
However Torch Trust cannot guarantee that the mail and its attachments
are free from virus infection.