[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Reliance on runtime environments

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 10:06:41 +0000

I accept that you may have copied it and I did not mean it as a criticism of what you had done. I was more meaning that reading it made me think whether the other things I mentioned need dealing with. Things like whether the Java bindings should be optional, whether we should consider a higher level language for liblouisutdml, etc. The statement would be altered to reflect reality once we have decided what route to go.

Michael Whapples
On 07/03/2014 09:57, Christian Egli wrote:
On 03/07/2014 10:27 AM, Michael Whapples wrote:
On the page that Christian has created as an option for a website, it
was mentioned that liblouis and liblouisutdml do not require a runtime
as it is written in C so can be used on about any platform.

Just as an aside: This part I copied verbatim from liblouis.org. This isn't anything new.