[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Question about working with SVN

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 02:51:16 +0100

Thanks, I will keep that in mind.

Michael Whapples
On 14/05/2012 02:43, John J. Boyer wrote:
The simplest solution would be to have two copies of the repository. The
first would be a read-only copy, which you would use for testing
changes. The second would be a working copy, which would contain the
changes you wish to commit. You can copy files from the read-only copy
to the working copy. svn status should show that they have been modified
or updated.

John

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 11:01:32PM +0100, Michael Whapples wrote:
Hello,
I noticed that when I committed just now, my change to the windows
configuration file was picked up by SVN. Well I guess this is correct
behaviour by SVN, but its probably not correct as far as the project
goes. How do others manage having a different configuration to the one
provided while not continually committing your different configuration
or having to remember to change it back before committing?

Michael Whapples