[liblouis-liblouisxml] New tarball for liblouisxml-1.9.0

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 06:24:51 -0600

Here is the tarball for liblouisxml-1.9.0 with the bug that Lars
discovered fixed. I did not change the version number, because I wanted
to have this bug fixed in the original release but did not have the
necessary data.

The bug was a buffer overflow caused by a very long heading. Now, if the
heading exceeds the buffer size it will be truncated.

It might be useful for some of you to know the procedure I followed in
debugging. First I created a directory called debug. In this directory I
created the file debug.cfg which had only a one-line comment. Then in
gdb I gave the arguments as

-f ./debug.cfg ...

This caused the current directory to be searched first for needed files.
therefore, it was not necessary to change the article.sem file in
/usr/local/share/liblouisxml/lbx_files .

My websites:
http://www.godtouches.org
http://www.jjb-software.com
Location: Madison, WI, USA