[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: New slovak braille table

  • From: Peter Vágner <pvdeejay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 19:01:23 +0200

Hello,

Based off of my further testing and a few suggestions from my friends testing the table I have updated the table with a few tweaks since I've posted it for the first time.

I don't mind licencing it the way which is most suitable for liblouis as a whole. In fact I have just copied the header texts from the czech table.

I don't think I can properly judge if this is a replacement for either of two slovak tables liblouis includes at present. I think one of these tables are not very complete and the other appears to be a mixture of 6 dot braille and 8 dot braille what turned a bit inpractical to me. I think I may not know enough liblouis background to be able to decide for this. I would simply say I do like my table the most if I have to choose from current available choices. What is good that I have tried to follow the official standard as much as I can.

Also I have started working on 8 dot computer braille table for slovak. There is no official standard for this however we do have a pseudo standard which is in use by some of the proprietary braille supporting AT's so I think it would be useful to get that into liblouis as well.

What is the current release plan? Is there a timeline I need to follow in order to get this other table I'm currently working on included?

Thanks and greetings

Peter

On 06.06.2016 at 17:08 Christian Egli wrote:

Hi Peter

On 03/29/2016 07:59 AM, Peter Vágner wrote:
For some two weeks I am working on a brand new braille table bassed off
of official slovak braille standard inspired by the czech braille table
with some input from a few friends.
My original plan was to try testing this table more however as I have
just found out new liblouis release is about to be released so I am
posting this here so you can possibly take a look at it and include it
if you think it's appropriate.

Thanks for your table. I'm finally getting around to integrate it. Two questions:

- Is this replacing the old slovak table?
- Would you be willing to release it under LGPLv2.1+ instead of LGPLv3+

For a description of the software, to download it and links to
project pages go to http://liblouis.org