[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: New At This

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: David Lalonde <david_lalonde@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 09:57:25 +0200

David Lalonde <david_lalonde@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Before starting off on this endeavour, I attempted to compile the
> liblouis code to familiarize myself with the code. I originally
> followed the instructions to make a static library.

Which instructions?

I have never tried this but could you not simply compile liblouis as
follows:

./configure --prefix=/where/you/want/liblouis/icluding/the/tables
make LIBRARY_LDFLAGS=-static
make install

Doesn't that give you a static library in $PREFIX/lib?

I just tried plain make, i.e. without LIBRARY_LDFLAGS=-static and it
also produced a liblouis.a so either this is not a static lib or the
-static is not needed.

Hope that helps

Tag des Testaments
Am 13. September 2013 findet zum dritten Mal der Internationale Tag des
Testaments statt. Mehr Informationen rund um das Thema Nachlass finden Sie auf
http://www.myhappyend.org