[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Maximum variable length exceeded, Maybe

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 16:17:06 +0100

Hi John

On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 08:04 -0600, John J. Boyer wrote:
> I really think that the variable table_files in the Makefile.am in the
> tables directory exceeds the maximum length allowed for a variable. I'm
> pasting the file into this message.

If I use the Makefile.am you supply (and copy the needed table files
from an existing table file) I can run `make' and `make dist' without a
problem. My tar.gz contains all the 105 tables.

Can you maybe send me the whole liblouis directory as a tar.gz so I can
try to reproduce the problem?

> Of course, the tables could be
> gzipped into a single file, but then we would have to arrange for the
> file to be unzipped during build. What do you suggest?

Hm, I would refrain from any such tricks for now. I'm sure we're not the
first ones to run into this problem and there must be a clean solution.

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired