[liblouis-liblouisxml] Computer Braille Tables

  • From: Keith Creasy <kcreasy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 15:01:24 +0000

Hi.

There are three English computer Braille tables; 8-dot, 6-dot, and one that is
just computer braille. Can someone explain these? I understand 8-dot computer
braille and can probably guess at the 6-dot but then the third one is there and
has no comments that explain what it is for.

Also, I know some say that UEB does not use computer Braille but I'm not sure
that is 100% true. There may be cases where you still need it. Is there an
authoritative answer to this?

Thanks.