[leveller] Tutorial

  • From: Ray Gardener <rayg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leveller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 04:12:28 -0800

Came across this accidentally while Googling for something else...

"Advanced Displacement Mapping with Leveller"
by ElDiablo on the Twisted D.I.R.T. site.

A narrated video tutorial on making racetrack maps for Motocross Madness using Leveller 2.5, about 25 minutes long. Some interesting uses of the Ramp tool demonstrated.

http://www.twisteddirt.com/TutorialStuff/leveller_01.html

A few notes:

- The author mentions that the Dig/Raise tools don't work
  in world units. This would be a bug if true, so I'm
  investigating that.

- He mentions a default Undo level of 99 steps. Leveller
  actually uses a memory-fit scheme, so it's whatever
  number of steps would fit inside the memory you allocate.
  For simple brush edits, far more than 99 would fit.

- The Ramp tool doesn't recognize the Shift key to help
  constrain the angle to multiples of 45 degrees. This will
  most likely be addressed in 2.6.

Enjoy,
Ray