[leveller] Re: Post-import selection handling

  • From: Ray Gardener <rayg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leveller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:13:38 -0800

On 2/28/2011 7:12 PM, Carl Lingard wrote:
Thanks Ray. I'm stilll using 3.1 204
I was away from modelling for some 18 months or so...
Don't know if I qualify for that update..?

Yep, even 1.x qualifies. For 3.x it's only $50.

One thing that does kinda drive me crazy in Leveller is the scroll
behaviour with a selection. If I'm creating a selection and I move to
the edge of the map to extend it, the selection is not extended with the
scroll but rather is moved along with it. I prefer the behaviour in
Photoshop. This would have saved me frustration when dealing with the
tiny borders of void pixels I mentioned. Selecting them easily was
impossible. ;p

I'm not sure I follow... when I create a raster selection, the map stays put if the mouse goes outside it. I can select more of the heightfield than is visible, but it winds up being a guess where the off-map edge of the selection wound up (until I scroll to see it).

It might be best if you describe a step-by-step account of what you're doing.

I did plan on matching Photoshop in the sense that, when a raster selection tool is used, if the edge of the map pane is reached with the mouse while the mouse is held down, then scrolling would occur. This already happens with vector tools but for technical reasons it was non-trivial to apply it to the raster selection tools.

Ray