[leveller] Import vs Input with meshes

  • From: Chris Dordoni <dordoni@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leveller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 19:24:29 -0500

Hi Ray,

The highest resolution I can get is about 6000 pixels in one dimension using Import with an STL file. If I exceed that I get "Error occured: heightfield has too many pixels".

I know I have created much larger documents in the past, and if I create a new document I can easily get 7000 pixels. Then I use Input, using OBJ format of my object, and Leveller generates the heightfield without issue.

It's convenient to be able generate the document from the Import selection so I don't have to go through the math of setting the document to match the proportions of my object. Is there any chance that Import could work with higher resolution, since it appears Leveller can handle a higher resolution?

Regards,
Chris