[LRflex] warbirdds and R10

  • From: <maudiloscovery@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 01:01:19 +0200

Compliments Mr.Longmore: wonderful photos in a wonderful airshow, with so many warbirds that seems to be in a dream. The RAF?s Gloster Gladiator had to fight against the Luftwaffe?s Messerschmitt Bf 109 E (Emil) a very advanced fighter in 1939, outturned only by the Vickers Supermarine Spitfire. The aircraft that naile the Kriegsmarine?s Battleship Bismark as far as Italian fleet in Taranto harbour and the Italian Battlecruiser Pola in the Cape Matapans Battle was the Farey Swordfish, biplane, two seat, torpedo bomber that despite its appearance was a very good and sturdy airplane of the Royal Navy Air service. About the R10: I hope Leica considers the fact that if a leica IIIf on a M3 built in 1954 or a Leicaflex built in 1969 are today wonderful unsurpassed cameras, a digital Leica like Digilux 3, M8 or R9+DMR have the destiny to be surpassed in a while. The work on 7.5-10 Mpx while Canon or Nikon work on more than 12 Mpx. Hasselblad?s digital backs have reached 39 Mpx and will be as soon as possible on 45 Mpx on nearly full format. A 16 Mpx back for Hasselblad may be found on the second hand market at Half the price of a DMR + R9 or a new M8 body, and it is fully useful with every Hasselblad body built from 1957 until today with any lens. So I hope a camera to use my LeicaR lenses with full aperture metering, but I haven?t illusions for Leica. Film Leica are for ever, Digital fo a while.

Best Regards to you all.