[LRflex] successful APX25 development !

  • From: David Simms <simmszee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:18:33 -0800 (PST)

Hi All;
I'm so excited i just had to share, even if it is a bit off the topic (whatever
that could have been).

I had an unused roll of Agfa APX25, a very fine film that I had only caught on
to shortly before it was discontinued around 2000. Anyway, i shot the roll
photographing some of our wonderfully spectacular waterfalls, as they freeze up
in winter. I would never have guessed what a dynamic subject this would be.

Anyway, my bottle of Rodinal concentrate was also nearly 10 years old (it's
supposed to be used within 6 mos) so, I had to resort to using what I had;
HC110 Dilution B. I found a likely development time on the Photographers'
Formulary website, extended it a bit, and let'er go. What I have is a roll of
beautiful negatives with excellent shadow detail and great highlites- I use a 1
deg spotmeter and a modified Zone system.
These negatives appear much nicer than the HP5 negs that I developed yesterday.

I'm so excited that I just had to share. Wish I had some images to share.
Dave Simms, Clearwater, BC, Canada

Reclaim your name @ymail.com or @rocketmail.com. Get your new email address
now! Go to http://ca.promos.yahoo.com/jacko/