[LRFlex] specks are not to spec

  • From: Phil Stiles <stiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:07:19 -0400

Barney Kahn wrote:

however the front
of the lens has about 7 or 8 tiny "specks" in what
seems like air bubbles or something like that inside the front glass. I'm pretty sure it's not air
bubbles, however I'm at a loss of words to describe
it. I know it's not going to effect the quality of
any pictures I take, though I was wondering if anyone
else with Leica lenses can see the same type of
"specks".

I have a binocular magnifier that gives a pretty good close up view.
I carefully inspected my 90/2 ASPH, and couldn't see any bubbles or specks in the glass.
Anything can happen. My friend bought a new 75/1.4 for his M6, and the aperture ring was loose right out of the box.
I would get an opinion from Leica, not just the dealer.
Regards,
Phil Stiles NH USA