[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V3 #357

  • From: "KEITH LONGMORE" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 18:45:25 -0000

Date: Wed 27 Dec 2006
From: Keith Longmore
Subj: Yellow-billed Magpie

I'd like to add my appreciation, too.  The yellow beak makes the magpie look
quite handsome, doesn't it?  Magpies are generally disliked here, especially
by farmers, who tend to shoot them as vermin.  (As they say, the only bird
with plumage that's a perfect target) but they are quite an attractive bird
in my view.  Mind, ours would be much more handsome with yellow beaks too..!
;-)

Super photograph anyway.  Keep 'em coming, Doug!
Regards all
Keith Longmore
Norfolk, UK

Sent: 27 December 2006 17:02
To: leicareflex digest users
Subject: leicareflex Digest V3 #357

Leica Reflex Forum Digest
+------------------------+------------------------------------
leicareflex Digest      Wed, 27 Dec 2006        Volume: 03  Issue: 357

In This Issue:
                [LRflex] Re: Yellow-billed Magpie

Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 09:02:35 -0800
From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Yellow-billed Magpie

At 24/12/2006, you wrote:
>The light this morning has been gorgeous so I ducked out of household
>chores for a couple hours and hid in a blind near my back yard bird
>feeder:
>
>http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/corvidae/ybma01.html
>
>The Yellow-billed Magpie is endemic to California's central valley.
>Try as you might you won't see one anywhere else.  All comments
>welcome.
>
>Doug Herr
>Birdman of Sacramento
>http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Good Mornin' Doug!

Marvellous shots, both ... as usual!  The light was, indeed,
wonderful for the magpie, and I am not surprised you "ducked out"!

I am curious... what type of blind do you use?  And, when you head
for the bush, do you take a blind with you?  Again, if so, what type?

So far, I've not used a blind of any sort, preferring to sneak up on
birds in the bush... but I'm beginning to think of investing in
one... any thoughts or suggestions?

Many thanks.

David.