[LRFlex] Re: leicareflex Digest V1 #54

  • From: Noel Charchuk <nhcharch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 22:44:41 -0600

In fact I have seen digital images made into slides for presentation, and competition at the camera club I belong to, and the image stood up quite well on the screen compared to the "true" slides. Granted it wasn't a cheap process, something around $20 CDN per slide if I recall correctly, but it was a very good image from a technical point of view.
I have seen my camera club go from being almost exclusively slide shooters when I joined 5 years ago, to being almost evenly divided. I shoot both, my digital is only a point and shoot type, but it gets more use in a year than all my film cameras combined. I find snapshots and record shots are what I use the digital for, and I use film and slide for competitons and the "serious" shooting.
Noel C

thekahnman@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

My name is David Burdoin,

I have never used a digital camera, and have really no
desire to do so, but I am afraid that it is the way of
the future, and going digital may become necessary
whether we like it or not.

The good news is there will a market for both film and
digital cameras during our lifetime and beyond. Both
have their advantages and have you ever seen a digital
file turned into a slide for projection on a big
screen?

We probably don't want too!!!