[LRflex] Re: another backyard bird

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 17:26:10 -0800

Hi Doug,
Wonderful shots as usual.  You must have some backyard ;-) !  I saw a
magnificent brownish eagle/hawk this morning perched on top of a tree
behind my yard, and two other black birds diving in mock attack of
this regal bird, which didn't even flinch. when the attacking birds
were just inches away.   Turkey vultures also circled above it for a
while prior to the dive bombing capers of the 2 smaller black birds.
I tried to identify it with binoculars but it flew away when it
saw/heard my activity.   Pretty acute sense of sound and sight.  I
wish I could have taken a photo of it - even more reason to admire
your shots.
Any comments from the Bird Man of Sacramento on this territorial
protective activity of the other avian characters?  Could the smaller
black birds have been black crows?  I have never seen anything like
that!
Have a nice X'mas Eve evening Doug,
Eric in the Bay Area