[LRflex] Re: Yellowstone in the fall?

  • From: Andy Wagner <yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 16:39:35 -0700 (PDT)

Doug
  I know we discussed it and depending on the time I'd be interested. Right now
is hard for me to commit with all that is going on in the airline industry I
don't know if I'll have a job left.

"wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  At the Leica Reflex summit meeting last April in Wisconsin we discussed a
reflex gathering in one of the big north american parks - is anyone
intersted in Yellowstone this fall?

I don't have firm plans yet and it will depend in part on which way fuel
costs go, but the large mammals will have their winter coats, the
artiodactyls will be in rut, and there should be some good fall colors
depending on timing and elevation. I can bring a few extra long lenses
(recommended for ALL of the big mammals) for those who are telyt-deficient.
I'd be camping at Slough Creek, the hotel at Mammoth Hot Springs appears to
be open all year.

Doug Herr
Birdman of North America
http://www.wildlightphoto.com